Sunday, April 08, 2007

frustrated

I was up till 5AM this morning trying to figure out the easiest pattern ever. I felt like such an idiot. I did a swatch, it came out ok. Although now that I think of it it wasn't what the pattern said it should do but more of what I thought it should do. The increases and decreases didn't add up on paper but if you look closely the first two rows or so you can figure it out yourself(says the person that chained 135 chains 3 times....plus crocheted a few long rows) Oh well.. So i finally got a piece of paper did boxes for 135 stitches and it didn't add up to the pattern there either. Checked the math about 10 times. My poor husband, I made him sit down with me to make sure I wasn't reading things funny. So I went with it (and didn't exactly follow the pattern...I ended in the middle of a * to * instead of the very end) but on the next row it was right ( except at the end again) ..third row perfect(end again) Isn't it more important that the beginning be right? IT WORKED! I don't know if it is the pattern and I just did it the hard way or if there was really something wrong and I overcame it. I haven't crocheted in such a long time, so who knows. But by the time I went to bed I was feeling better and I finished 4 and a half rows...
Plus I set up my laptop so that I can download from my camera...WHEEEE! (that's a whole other story) So maybe I will post more often. Gonna go cook dinner but I'll end this with my 5 hard earned rows ( I finished the 5th when I woke up) Hoping to triple it tonight. Has anyone else had problems with the soft wave pattern?

I picked four colours that perfectly match our bedding that I'm still in love with... At 50inches I think it will be perfect for throwing over my shoulders in bed when I read...




On my bed...See it matches so far...




I think it is right...see how nice the edges are...





This is the very rough pattern for my colours..I'm way to anal to use the random stripe generator..Although I love the idea of it and I love others random stripes afghans. Maybe I will do that next so that I can use my odds and ends up..



This is my new afghan bag.. Love it!

1 comment:

Nano said...

Hi Michelle.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Purl Soho was a breeze to buy from. The website is pretty clear and easy to use and my purchase arrived, as you saw, wrapped beautifully, in just a few days.

Happy rippling!